Dienstag, 27. Mai 2014

Turf houses - Glaumbær

Góðan daginn,

on our route yesterday, driving from east to west in the north of iceland we passed some turf houses. When Christoph asked me to go to Iceland I checked the Marco Polo travel guide and just said... Okay lets do this, but I have to see some of these turf houses... an snow by accident my joke came true kkkkk

We just walked around, the houses and we were able to check the inside. There was the old-fashioned tools from the smith's and the other worker inside.

In some of them there was a little museum and in a "real" house next to the turf houses there has been a little cafe. 
I was amazed by the architecture which induces total wind protection and even protection against ice and snow in the winter.

It looks like a giant molehill with windows.

We decided to get some beer and for me a ginger lemonade to enjoy the view!
It has been a very nice stop.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen