Samstag, 31. Mai 2014

Mount Esja - Reykjavik

Góðan daginn,

at day 2 in Reykjavik Christoph and me went hiking. We wanted to hike Mount Esja, and so we did.

It is approximately 920 m high and it took us 3.5 h for the whole trip. We had to drive about 20 min on road #1 northwards from Reykjavik to the parking park.

From there we started out trip. In the beginning everything was green and kinda warm, about 13°C.

 So we were happy that we chose this day for the hike. 


 After an hour Christoph told me very interesting stuff about the minerals he found on our trail. I guess he explained me, that this was a stone. 
 Then we found an upside down viking ship. I guess it was a sign of heaven. We are real vikings now.
 Here we surpassed the cloud free zone.
 And we even climbed higher than the birds fly.
 The way to the top was seriously very steep. 
 And so I was happy to reach the plain on top!
 The vegetation changed from totally green to rocky moose.

 During our walk on top of Reykjavik I sank into the ground about 10 cm, when I didn't make it to the next rock. Thats why my shoes looked like this after 10 min.
 It was a surreal surrounding and even the moose looked outer this world!
 But then we found the very top with a flag to prove it!
 While our way down we used some chains not to fall down the mountain.
 Anyway, I was happy to clean my shoes again in an little river. It was a really nice hike, but afterwards I was totally tired!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen