Montag, 26. Mai 2014

Hùsavik - Whale Watching - Unbelievable!!!!!

Góðan daginn,

Christoph had to convince me to do another whale watching tour, because the first one was so super bad. We just saw 3 whales for seriously 2 seconds. So I thought, that the 50 € were pretty lost for this tour. Of course it is nature and not a zoo, so I can't blame the company, or the whales, but I was a little bit disappointed.



But he was so into watching some whales, that he convinced me to book another, even more expensive tour in the north. 
 Actually it was the GG7 Whale Watching and Puffin island tour, provided by "gentle giants". First we went to Puffin island (Puffins are Papageientaucher). The island is the worlds second biggest breeding place, second place after the Puffin cliffs in Reykjavik. 
 We saw approximately 250.000 Puffins. Once they meet their partner they stay with them forever!
 But later I will tell you more aout them. First of all I have to show you the amazing whale pictures I took from the speedboat we took. On the boat there were about 12 people, so a very small one and every one of us was really excited. After an hour we saw the BIGGEST animal living on the planet! A gentle blue whale crossed our way several times. You can't see it so good in the pic, but it is up to 30 m long!

After that one we saw several Humpback whales. I guess about 12! They just swan around and I was seriously impressed by these really peaceful animals. Just check the pictures!















After seeing so many of the whales we had an icelandic shot on the atlantic ocean. Having some booze on the ocean is something fine, but surrounded by whales hearing their breathing fountain all over the place is a memory you won't forget! Afterwards we wen't back to the harbor. 
 Arrived at the harbor we had.... Puffins! I was a little bit sorry for the cute birds, but we had to try them  . It is usual food here and even the population is kinda controlled. That's what they tell us and I guess I tell myself to feel good. Anyway, that was a wonderful morning. I won't forget about the whales! Just impressive!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen