Mittwoch, 11. Dezember 2013

Daegu - Unexpected stag party!

Anyong,

last weekend was very full of excited stuff.... after visiting the village with Dawoon I met with Dan to go to Daegu in order to get an impression of the old capital of Korea and of course to party a little. I heard, that Daegu is a quiet good place to party, so I had to check out before going home.

We took the KTX for cute 50 min and then went directly downtown to the "Downtown District" haha

Arrived there it felt like a mix of Nampodong and Seomyeon, like Dawoon promised me before. Lots of stores and bars mixed up in a bunch of streets. I had some Korean street food and then we directly went to the party location, the "Urban", which sounded pretty american to me.


Yes, it looked really western style....


The second we entered the club I realized, that there were more western faces than korean ones... I was kind of confused and felt not really very comfy. Of course they had Dart and Beer Pong, and a stage with lots of instruments and a DJ set and so on, but in my picture of Korea and korean nightlife it was not fitting....

Of course it was a little bit strange even, because it was a GLBTQ-Party.... so not really korean kkkk

But in the end there were more straight people than gay people. There were so many nice people that night, it was unbelievable. I talked to so many different people, so it was really informative about the live in Daegu. It is much smaller than Busan, but there are more foreigners... Maybe there are same number of foreign people, but like percentage would be higher.

After a while and many drinks I was stuck on a stag party crowd. All of them are living unfortunately in Busan and they went, like me for party to Daegu. It has been a really nice group of guys celebrating the last free night of one of them, actually I don't know who was about to get married...
There all of them are dancing on the stage. 
Tyrone was one of the stag people, very nice guy!

I was supposed to sleep at one of Dan's friends house, but at some point I felt so tired, that I just went with the stag party crowd to their hostel and slept there, undercover. 

And they even had a bad barbie cake at the Thursday Party we went for about 30 min on our way home...
Retrospectively it was a bad idea. It was a maybe 20 people sleeping room and 15 of them had a KAKAO-TALK group chat. Of course some drunken UK, USA, Canadian people think it is funny to send some messages to this group and so I heard 15 times KATO!!! and of course it was like an rising amplitude... the more msg's the more people woke up and responded and laughed and so on... of course I thought it is funny too, but I was so tired....
In the end I got up maybe after 4 h of half sleeping half tortured and walked a little through the city of Daegu. I found out, that there are two stations, one new one for KTX and one old one for normal train. Kind of confusing, like in Taichung (Taiwan) where I had some bad experience with Elisa haha, but after Taiwan I knew that there is a possibility of two different main stations kkkkk
Furthermore they had a really cute korean temple park in the middle of the city.
In the end it was a great experience and I met a lot of nice Kakao talk addicted people. Thanks Dan for taking me there!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen