Donnerstag, 16. März 2017

Stella - Snowstorm is going strong!

Bonjour,

the last three days have been ruled by Stella. The heaviest 2 day snow storm in canadian weather documentation had brought us 30-70 cm in Quebec.

It all started tuesday midday. I was at the laboratory and recognized the most glittery and finest snowflakes I have seen in my life. Snowflakes were that tiny, they were forming swarm movement in the wind. When I went back home I saw some snow crawlers waiting for their big moment.

I went out for coffee with a friend and underestimated the temperature. It was still around -17°C. That cold, that my body-temperature did not melt the snow in my hair, glasses, eyebrows or anything elsewhere. 



While staying at Starbucks i observed some cars were transferred to other parking lots. Nikolai explained to me, the the former park boxes were needed to sore the snow, which will come...
... Maybe I was a little bit distrustful.... then he showed me this picture....
Back in the 90's they had that heavy ice-rain, which froze on the electrical towers. It got that much that this happened.... some Quebecers did not have any electricity for about a month.

So I was curious about the next morning... but before I recognized, that at some corner of my window snow was infiltrating my home...


I went to bed and woke up for this:




WOW!

And that christas feeling held on for a couple of days... actually until now... thursday night.



Sugar cars!

Yes, day and night I took pictures of my neighbourhood.

The subway is working 100 % trustful and I can go to work with my boots and so...life is kinda normal in the arctic Montreal. Some schools are closed, because of the snow... the adult life is treating you well also, you can take a Snowday!

But I have so many expriments on the go, I cant have a relaxing Snowday. 

But this one was the most amazing. It is my cell culture room on the fifth floor. Haha

I will end with me not able to see properly, because the snow is reflecting the sun so strong...it hurts...


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen