Mittwoch, 1. März 2017

Berlin - Amsterdam - Montreal

Bonjour,

as some of you guys know, I will be the next six weeks in Montreal, Canada. It is my first big business trip during my PhD time. It is a LabExchange between the graduate school (Berlin School of Regenerative Therapies) and the McGill university. 
There is definitely a lot of work to do during the six weeks, but I want to see some cool stuff over here as well. So I have to work for my free time. 

I departed at home in Friedrichshain at 9 am sharp, got the Ring 42 at 09:06 am and was at Tegel Airport at 09:40 am.


Then I had to wait for two hours till 12 am to fly to Schiphol, Amsterdam. 

In Amsterdam I waited again for 2 hours and took the next connecting flight to Montreal at around 03:30 pm. 


Resume of the day: KLM during short trips is one of my favorites. During intercontinental flights.... lets say not my favorite. Seats were pretty narrow, food was okay, entertainment program just 4 out of 10. The only very good thing on board was the service. I had an extraordinary service!

In Canada at the airport (4:30 pm canadian time; 10:30 pm german time) I texted my AirBnB host, that I will be at the apartment in approximately 90 min. He was happy to hear that. I took the 747 bus till the last stop (10 CanadaDollar) and one station by subway. I was very good in time. 90 min. 

But then I had to wait for more or less an hour in the rain in front of the door, because he was stuck in traffic. Amazing welcome Canada! Next time, please try harder!
My host told me just to wait in his own apartment around the corner (yes there was a "For rent" sign at the door...spooky). And of course I preferred staying outside instead of going into a strangers apartment with his Door-Code. Yes, at some point I would really need spikes.

After waiting for an hour my host came around... in this car!
For a short time I was preparing myself for fighting against my potential kidnappers.
In the end everything worked out fine and I live in this house now. 3rd floor.

After unpacking I went out to get some Pizza and explored the neighborhood. 


 Proof, we are in Canada!

Now I will fall asleep, hopefully (it is 2 am and I am a little bit jet-lagged). 

Tomorrow I will start work. Wish me luck :-)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen