Montag, 20. März 2017

St Patrick's day celebration!

Bonjour, 

on sunday was the worldwide known and beloved St. Patricks Day.

In Montréal there is a huge parade every year. The Quebecois say, that this is the biggest St. Patrick's Day Parade Worldwide.


I had really huge expectations.

I teamed up with my new gym buddy, Adam, to go and explore the St. Patrick's Parade.

Before we went for brunch. Meeting at the corner of the gym and walked to the Old Port, where I have been with Julia and Oli before. It was just a 15 min walk from my home. It felt like hours travelling by subway last time.


On our walk we passed some train rails, the scientific center of Montreal and of course the port. 

Walking around Montréal is really a lot of fun. You collect so many different impressions. It is unbelieveable. 


I guess my most favorite place so far is the olympic center. In front of it there is this huge olympic torch. I love it!

But enough with our walk, I know you are as excited for the pictures as we were for the parade....

Actually here we are....super excited.... he had never went to the parade before. So... both first timers.
A strong start with some Police!
And then a lot of weird figures... Reminded me a lot of the Karnevals-Züge at home. 


I guess it was more a kind of a commercialized parade. A lot of irish dance schools were present, making a lot of commercials... even my hospital was one of the biggest sponsors. They had like 10 trucks... the Shriners dance school, the Shriners football tream, the Shriners firefighters, the Shriners racing team and so on....
This was the cutest truck... just because it fits so well to the pediatricks.
The Irish Montreal Club for Cats and dogs...
And some other weird stuff.... I was a little bit disappointed, but in the end we had nice weather, got our faces tanned and had a lot of fun. Even not parade related.

In the end we decided to go for some Irish Pub/Sports Bar to celebrate our own St. Patrick's day. With one or two pinshers of beer and some Whisky Shots...


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen