Donnerstag, 2. März 2017

Shriners Hospital for children - First day

Bonjour,

the first night was really a short Amüsement.


After 4.5 hours of more or less recharging sleep I woke up close to my german usual time to get up (5am).


I love the photographer of the Hospital and furthermore that I am again student :)




But I just have to start work at 10 am today. So what to do? Shower, shower, shower. First time getting ready for work at a new place is always special. You expect everything to work like at home, but mostly it doesn't. You adjust and do and feel boosted back into the fourth year of your life... Look mum, I did it, I dressed myself! Anyway...

I really quiet like my apartment. the only thing what concerns me is the safety factor. Actually the door in my korean dormitory was more safe than both doors summed up from this house. They feel more cheap than IKEA wood. But as we all know.... Canada is a very safe place haha

Next to my bathroom window are the fire emergency stairs. I love it! Even for burglar emergencies available.

Anyway, I just go with it.

This is the safe house actually.


And this wonderful house is like 1 min walking distance.



Also in walking distance is this very gender neutral brewery kkk


Today at cosy -13 °C I see the snow dancing on the streets, like you see dust and sand in the desert or the wild west. It is amazing!
This morning I had breakfast at a café around the corner and I have to admit. It was a very cute place. The prices are a little bit too high for my tast, but maybe 12 € for a coffee and a real tiny wrap are normal in Canada. You never know.




Maybe a free rollercoaster ride is included.... you never know.


I even visited the gym to get some information about contracts and prices. Everything is set and I will go there later tonight for my first work out!



After a very long -free- morning I went by subway directly to my new laboratory. 9 stations in 12 minutes. This subway really speeds up. I realized being pressed into the seat at some point. That is kind of a spacemountain feeling. 

From the subway I was able to pass by a small shopping mall, a parking lot and in the end I was able to enter directly the hospital. Everything connected in the warm and cosy underground. 

 Based on the fact, that I have been still 30 min too early I decided to walk around a little bit to see the campus from the outside...bad idea! The wind blew the freezing air and the snow right into my face. That is why I look like a frozen tomato. 


 But anyway, my colleagues are really nice, the laboratory is pretty empty, because it is just one year old. The cell-culture is really mine and the cells are looking fine. I expected more in quantity, but quality is more important than quantity. You can't have it all.
That is why I leave you with this lovely canadian statue of happy people sleddeling my Buckel down. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen