Samstag, 25. März 2017

QUÉBEC CITY - Day Trip

Bonjour,
yesterday Daeyung and me were set up to make a day trip to Québec City. I went to the laboratory in the very, very, very early morning... even too early for my taste and got the car in at 10 am. The guy at the car rental was so much fun... He did not say hello, did not smile at all, but when he saw my german passport he was like: "Oh, you are german. You will get our newest car. I saved this one for you! You will love it, you will feel like in Germany.". A little curios and a little nervous waiting for my car I was thinking about his attitude. Was he really happy or ironic about this... I guess he was ironic. He got the only, it is the truth! The only red car from the garage... It was a firetruck red VW Beetle. He had only 40 km run in his entire life and I was the first customer to get this car. Yes, very german, and yes...very gay at the same time.

After realizing, that this car is an automatic car and setting up everything I drove my way to get Daeyung for our ride to Québec. 


The drive was about 2.5 h and it was actually just straight for 2 h. City...highway...city...
 Close to Québec we stopped at a little Café next to the St. Lawrence river to check the extremely rough and icy river. 

 Maybe this was the best thing we saw at that day. I was not able to suck up all the impressions I got in these 10 min. 

 But we had to go on to see the city. 
 The city is separated in two parts. The upper and the lower part. On the upper part there is a very fancy hotel, which you see on the next tow pictures. It is the Hotel Jardin du Gouverneu. 

It has an amazing view on the St Lawrence river and all the ferries and boats which cross it all the time. 


 It also has a sled pipe in front of the Hotel. It was actually tempting, but just to cliche for doing that in Canada. 


 We walked around the area and on top of the Mountain they have a gigantic park, where you can not jogg, but ski. 



 So much snow. 
 The old city has an european touch...

 and some crazy art. 

The way back to Montréal was one hour longer in compare to the way to Québec. We had to drive 3.5 hours in a snow-rain-storm at -2°C. After 2 hours we were not able to see the road anymore, but therefore a couple of cars next to the road. Some worse accidents were on the way too. I was really happy and relieved, when I was able to park the car in fron of my house. The New Beetle did a good job!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen