Sonntag, 2. April 2017

Ottawa - Capital City

Bonjour, 

this week Daeyoung and me rent a car and went on a road trip to the capital! Canadas capital, Ottawa is located West of Montreal. Last week we went to Quebec city, which is located East of Montreal. Highlight was the Parliament building!


Burn baby!

When we arrived I was that tired that I needed a HotDog and a Coffee.
 Perfectly we found this cute Food Truck, which served 2 HotDogs for 6$. Amazing!

 After that we went to the Parliament Hill to check the ...wait for it....parliament! To my surprise was the tour for free and lasted around 1.5 h. 
 In front of the parliament the freedom flame is burning and at the same time warming me. It was again snowing and super cold. I feel like Canada is giving me a snowstorm everytime I want to travel.

 Inside I showed my Canada University Proud 100 %
 This is the House of Commons (members pf the parliament). It is green, because the one in the UK is also. But why that was green... nobody knows.



 Here we are in the library. Over 600.000 books are tored there for the politicians to research...Yes it was not very crowded. But it survived several fires. One time the whole parliament burnt down, but not his part. The iron doors saved it!

 The ceilings are mostly very detailed and really beautiful.

 There is the Queen of Canada... and of course many other places in the world.
 The senate looks kind of similar, but of course is not 100% identical. It is smaller and red.
 After finishing the tour we were able to go to the top of the Peace-Tower. 




 The roof was so shiny!
 After that highlight we just checked DownTown.





 The National War Memorial.
Yes, there is the proof, I am in Canada :-)

It was great trip. But if you go by yourself, be aware...the city is very small.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen