Dienstag, 11. April 2017

Celebrating goodbye is always (party) hard

Bonjour, 

during my last week I had to say goodbye to the city, the laboratory, my coworkers, the apartment and of course to Nicolas and Daejung. 

So I had a marathon of goodbyes. First was dinner with Nicolas, we had Poutine and fish'n'chips.  In a small restaurant in the village. 


 We were there close to their closing, so it looked a little sad, but still it was recommendable. 

Because we did not know, if we could see each other again we said goodbye that night. On friday we knew better and started another goodbye session. For drinks and party. 
They had a little voguing contest and the music should be electronic, but it was not my kind of sound.


 We went to the MPU, a gay party, which is held once a month. I have to admit, that pre-drinks were 1000x better than the party itself, but I hadn't experienced clubbing in Montréal, so I went with it. We had to take an Uber to the place, which was located in the McGill area and of course back also, because subway stops around 1 am. 


Earlier this week Daejung and partly me prepared the best thing I had during the time in Mtl. 

General Tao Gimbab! But that was another story. 


The next day, saturday I went with Daejung to have drinks. We ended up in a karaoke bar and from there we went to SKY club. 


And I had to buy this d'lishes thingy. Disgusting as f**k
 The club was located in this house and they had the worst best DJ ever. All my favorite pop hits in an unbelievable bad electronic mix. Same beat was connected songs for hours. I loved it so much!
 We danced till the club closed and went for my very last poutine. Then, on sunday I had to pack my stuff and leave for the airport. 
Bye Bye apartment and bye bye Starbucks. 

That were six weeks in Canada. I truly enjoyed it, even if I had to work daily. I got good results in the lab, got great friends and had a bunch of new experiences. Thanks to everyone, who was involved in this time!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen