Mittwoch, 30. März 2016

Mountain-biking - 40 km offroad, downhill

Bonjour,

today Claudio and me did something I would have never expected to do. We did mountain-biking!

We had to get up in the very early morning to get on top of the mountain next to St. Gilles.
Arriving on top it was raining, foggy and actually kinda cold. I was sure, that we will get a cold during the ride.




People who know me, know, that I am very afraid of everything I can't control completely, like skydiving, skiing and of course mountain-biking. 



I have to surprise you! I really enjoyed it! I felt like flying, even if there were big rocks on the road, there was sugar cane plantages, which were cutting my arms by driving through them. By passing by these different landscapes we drove through many microclimates. It even became hot while driving. Arriving at the coast we were sweaty and hot as hell!






We started on the jungle and came to landscapes, which looked like Saxony, afterwards we drove through some very small villages, sugar cane fields and St. Gilles. 


One time my whole body was behind the bike seat to balance the bike, I felt like a pro. But when I did a looping over the handlebar of the bicycle  didn't fell like a pro anymore, but still I did a good fall, didn't hurt myself, just got up and jumped down them next few stairs in the jungle.  




I guess next time I have to do that with Robert! I thought of him all the time, because he is the most addicted person to bicycles I know.  Robi, I kinda enjoyed speeding downhill! At some point it was so steep, that I really had to place my ass behind the seat, otherwise I would have fell. It was so crazy, but I learned to embrace the velocity one more time. 

Afterwards we had some smoothies and went home, where I had to sleep for 2 hours, because of all the tension!

I know the pictures look not as dangerous as what I describe, but I didn't take pics while shooting down the mountain :-)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen