Donnerstag, 22. März 2018

Déjà Vu - Montréal Part Twó

Bonjour,

je visite Monreal....de nouveau!


Being close to finish my PhD this summer I set up again one month to stay in Montréal to fill up several open spots of my research.

My travel begins by departing from Düsseldorf the BVB arrived to tell me goodbye, what a coincidence! 
But anyway, I was taken by Eurowings to London to catch the Dreamliner by AirCanada to Montréal.  Apparently just small people can dream in this airbus...It was a little narrow for my taste, but the view from my window was frosty cool!


 Window seats are not always preferred due to the curved airplane shelf. My shoulder was not amused by being immobilized for 7,5 h!
 Therefore, the coffee was served in very intensive Canada design!
 Matching the Canada-Theme the view was really frosty!

 Here the St. Lawrence river while arriving in Montreal...
 For sure I had Poutine and Beer for the first night!


 Pulled Pork Poutine is still the best. My attempt preparing it at ohme in Berlin is just a joke compared to this!

And another joke is actually this piece of art, which can be found in the bathroom of my new apartment...

 Anyway, walking around in Montréal, mostly to work and back feels not strange at all...my brain has still the maps and schedules uploaded in the frontal cortex. Still it is hard to prolong the winter again for a month, even because there should be spring in Berlin...

Foodwise I am on the Not-Healthy-Train! First lunch at the Shriners... Sugar Shack... Marple Sirup matched Toast/Beans/Ham and Bacon. For desert Marple Sirup Ice Cream and a Marple Sirup Cake! I love it!
 Dinner at my place I thought I should keep on with the tradition of having a slice of pizza for my first dinner alone at home here in Canada. 

I hope I will have some fun here besides all the work, but just time can tell...I will keep you posted.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen