Freitag, 31. Juli 2015

Mindanao - Manticao - Cagayan de Oro - Johns Origin

Mabuhay,

I know it has been quiet a long time for me not to write, but without any internet connection for 10 days it was impossible to keep our adventures updated. So I just sum a little bit up. 

Johnny and me took a Cebu pacific flight from Boracay back to Manila and from Manila directly to Cagayan de Oro, where his family has it's origin. 






So we got welcomed at the airport by his mum and aunt. After a 1,5 h bumpy ride to their province (Manticao) we took a rest to start to explore the island a little bit more.
Actually the island is quiet diversified. From white beaches, to jungle and big cities you can find everything in between.

 For example some shopping malls! Thats the place the philippinos go when it is too hot, because there is free aircon all day long.  Thanks to Caire we even went to the beach here once.
Another very nice place to spend your time is one if the white beaches, which have a lot of coral fields all around where you can rent a boat to check them from above. It was like flying, because the water was so crystal clear. 
One day Johns niece had her 7th birthday, so there was a Lechon prepared for her. (Actually Lechon is Spanferkel and as you can imagine, it is not "ready to eat" prepared by the butcher. 
 No, down here it is prepared in our houses garden. Maybe I should add, that I woke up in the early morning from a horrible squeaking next to our room, but fell asleep again... yeah that was when they started to prepare the Lechon. It was still yummy though....

Here is a small part of the family, with the happy Bday child in the fron row :-)
 These are the philippine national fishes... called Bangus. Actually even I liked to eat them for lunch. 
 Next we had some not totally mature Mango. Eating with salt makes it a whole new eating experience! Sour, salty mango!
 Of course we had to try the Mindanao Rum, with a recommendation of Claire... Sprite mixed! Super nice!
 Cheezee was not real cheese, but third ingredient was "cheese" so, I gave it a chance, and it was like cheesy butter in the end :-)
 Last food pic is from Chow-King! It is a chinese fast food chain. And I have to admit... I like it!
For Steve, yes we have been to the gym once... after all this food!
Last but not least I just share some pictures I took during the wild rides between Manticao and Cagyan de Oro... these 57 km killed me partwise with the kinda dangerous traffic. 

Actually the sundown is always at 6:00-6:30 pm over here and sunrise always between 06:00-06:30 am. Every day 365 days a year.
 I guess this will be a monster Lechon!



 My favorite commercial! GUSTO KO PA (means something like... "U WANT MORE") Nice slogan, got stuck in my head!
 And of course the perfect match for me! Lion-Tiger-Mosquito-Killer! Because I am paranoid of Malaria and Dengue Fever John had to inhale this every night haha

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen